Amazon has teased not a lot about the upcoming TV-series “Lord of the Rings”, based on J.R.R Tolkien’s work, but we now got a crew list.
The franchise has only six blockbusters, animated series and radio plays and other works adapted but something tells that this series is a project Amazon won’t let go easily. According to the Teaser that recently has been released, it includes several writers and producers from many popular shows.
Here’s the full team list revealed in the teaser:
- Executive Producers: Lindsey Weber (10 Cloverfield Lane), Gene Kelly(Boardwalk Empire), Bruce Richmond (Game of Thrones), and Sharon Tal Yguado, former head of genre at Amazon Studios.
- Writer/EPs: Gennifer Hutchison (Breaking Bad), Jason Cahill (The Sopranos), and Justin Doble (Stranger Things)
- Consulting Producers: Bryan Cogman (Game of Thrones) and Stephany Folson(Toy Story 4)
- Producer: Ron Ames (The Aviator)
- Writer/Producer: Helen Shang (Hannibal)
- Writing Consultant: Glenise Mullins (Terminator Genysis)
- Costume Designer: Kate Hawley (Suicide Squad)
- Production Designer: Rick Heinrichs (The Last Jedi)
- Visual Effects Supervisor: Jason Smith (Bumblebee)
- Tolkien Scholar: Tom Shippey (“J.R.R. Tolkien: Author of the Century”)
- Concept Artist: John Howe (Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings Trilogy)
As early reported, it has been confirmed that Juan Antonio (J.A.) Bayona is set to direct the first two episodes. He was the director of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, which managed to gross over $1 Billion dollars. As this series takes plays before the events of Lord of the Rings, it serves in practical terms as a prequel-series, so plot and a new set of characters come in handy.
It will take some time before it’s ready for distribution so until then, we’ll update as soon news travels our way.