Courtesy of ViacomCBS
ViacomCBS has merged with Paramount Plus and the streaming service has also announced several upcoming anticipated projects.
This content is from the Paramount Investor Day announced on Wednesday, February 16.
- A QUIET PLACE – A Quiet Place Part III from John Krasinski, is confirmed for theatrical debut in 2025. As previously announced, the next instalment of A Quiet Place from director Michael Sarnoski, based on an original idea from Krasinski, is set for release on September 22, 2023. The first two features were directed by John Krasinski himself.
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG – the first-ever original live-action Sonic series, featuring the character Knuckles, voiced by Idris Elba, is in development to debut on Paramount+, setting up the third film instalment in the flagship franchise.
- SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS UNIVERSE – a further expansion of the SpongeBob universe is coming exclusively to Paramount+ with three brand-new movies based on the show’s original characters, with the first dropping in 2023. In addition, a fourth SpongeBob release from Nickelodeon Animation is currently in development for theatrical release.
- STAR TREK – the next theatrical film, with Matt Shakman directing and J.J. Abrams producing, will feature the original cast and new characters.
- TEEN WOLF – the first-ever original production from MTV Entertainment Studios and MGM’s Orion Television, Paramount+ will reunite the original Teen Wolf cast for an exclusive full-length movie. Tyler Posey, Holland Roden, Shelley Hennig and Crystal Reed are set to reprise their iconic roles alongside Orny Adams, Linden Ashby, JR Bourne, Seth Gilliam, Colton Haynes, Ryan Kelley, Melissa Ponzio and Dylan Sprayberry. Additional names are to be announced.
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES – a new era of TMNT-mania takes over in 2023 with a new animated take on the Turtles coming to theatres, produced by Point Grey Pictures‘ Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg and directed by Jeff Rowe. Nickelodeon Animation will fast follow that film with a series of exclusive movies for Paramount+ beginning in 2023, each centring on one of the property’s storied villains in never-before-told tales.
- TRANSFORMERS – the next chapter begins with Transformers: Rise of the Beasts in 2023, where director Steven Caple Jr. and star Anthony Ramos, will lead the first of three film instalments of the iconic Hasbro property. Additionally, the previously announced Untitled Animated Transformers film, a Paramount/eOne co-production with Josh Cooley attached to direct, will debut in theatres on July 19.
- Paramount Plus are also doubling-down in the animation area:
- BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD – the duo is back and stupider than ever in an all-new series premiering across Paramount+ globally. Alongside this fresh take, the full 200+ episode Beavis and Butt-Head library and previously announced a new film, Beavis and Butt-Head do the Universe, will also arrive on the service.
- SOUTH PARK – the TV series will arrive on Paramount+ internationally as the exclusive SVOD home later this year with over 300 episodes. Additionally, South Park will begin rolling out on Paramount+ globally as the new exclusive SVOD home starting with Season 27 in 2024, and the full library is headed to the Paramount+ U.S. in 2025.
Jack Ryan (2018-2023): Season 4 – Official Trailer
Shazam!: Fury of the Gods (2023)
We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson’s case, by shouting out one word – SHAZAM! – this streetwise fourteen-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult superhero Shazam.
Succession (2018-2023): Season 4 – Featurette: Last Day of Filming
Black Mirror: (2011-): Season 6 – Official Trailer
The Idol (2023) – Official Trailer
After a nervous breakdown derailed Jocelyn’s last tour, she’s determined to claim her rightful status as the greatest and sexiest pop star in America. Her passions are reignited by Tedros, a nightclub impresario with a sordid past. Will her romantic awakening take her to glorious new heights or the deepest, darkest, depths of her soul?
You must be logged in to post a comment.